Managing information with a community and organizational focus is my passion. In my last role as the Special Programs Director at the Turks and Caicos National Museum, I adapted traditional information management methods to local culture by incorporating tacit knowledge collected from stakeholders. The resulting system is easy to use for both management and community members.
Parallel to the organization projects in the TCNM collections, I enacted a public engagement program to increase the museum's visibility in the community. I arranged and gave seminars, added an archives component to a "Behind the Scenes" tour, and prepared collection-based articles for internationally distributed publications. As a result of these efforts, the government is currently considering continuous funding for the museum's archives projects.
Professional career goals include combining interests in science and knowledge management by innovating knowledge flow in technical organizations.
A long term supporter of women in science, I consistently strive to develop restraint-free and encouraging learning environments for all individuals.
Please use the navigational tabs at the right to learn more about Jessica's qualifications.
- Project management.
- Strategic planning.
- Developing innovative and logical solutions.
- Public speaking and staff training.
- Grant writing and management.
- Sentencing according to PROS 07/01.
- Proficient in current social media.
- Development of processing methods according to DACS.
- Operational experience with Archivists' Toolkit, FileMakerPro, and PastPerfect software.
- Experienced with theoretical and practical appraisal practices as per United States, Canada, and Australia.
- Familiar with Encoded Archival Description (EAD) and Greene-Meissner (MPLP).
- Familiar with Library of Congress Authorities, MARC records, and MODS, TEI, and ONIX metadata schemas.
- Database development using PHP and MySQL.
- Experienced with MS Suite applications for MAC and Microsoft operating systems.
MASTERS OF SCIENCE
Graduate School of Library and Information Science, Simmons College, Boston, MA Aug 07 - May 09
BACHELORS OF SCIENCE
Chemical Engineering, Lafayette College, Easton, PA Aug 00 - May 04
Department of Sustainability and Environment, Heywood VIC Jun 11 - Present
Grainger Museum, University of Melbourne, Melbourne VICJan 11 - Jun 11
SPECIAL PROGRAMS DIRECTOR
Turks and Caicos National Museum, Turks and Caicos Islands, B.W.I. Jan 10 - Jun 10
Saul Hertz, M.D. Collection, Greenwich, CT Nov 09 - Sept 10
LIBRARY AND ARCHIVES HURRICANE RELIEF COORDINATOR
Turks and Caicos National Museum, Turks and Caicos Islands, B.W.I. Sept - Oct 09
Simmons College, Boston, MA Apr 09 - May 09
Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.), Cambridge, MA Jan 07 - Dec 09
H&M, Hennes & Mauritz, Phillipsburg, NJ Jun 04 - Aug 07